Monday, September 30, 2013

An Introduction

Hello everyone,

My name is Leanne, a second-year university student studying Public Relations at the University of Ottawa. Besides that, I'm also a coffee and hummus-addicted synchronized swimmer (go Gee-Gees!) with an affinity for nail polish, fashion magazines, and rock concerts. This blog post is the start of an ongoing project for my Public Relations Seminar class. Over the course of the next semester (or so), this is where I will be gathering and posting my questions, comments, concerns, and general ponderings of the world of public relations as I continue to develop my knowledge in this engaging academic field.

As a Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr enthusiast, the impact that social media and the Internet have been having around the world (especially within the past decade) is of particular interest to me. I also enjoy learning about the history of communications technology; I'm amazed at how far we've come as a society in such little time.

As I'm currently planning on pursuing a career in public relations or in a related media field, I look forward to absorbing everything this class has to offer. Thanks for reading, there's plenty more to come!

-LL

No comments:

Post a Comment